Choosing the best speakers for listening to your favourite music or watch movies can be a tricky one. There are different options available in the market, but bookshelf speakers can provide you with the right balance of size and sound for your home theatre or office.
As the name suggests, they are small and compact, and they make the perfect addition to a new hi-fi system. So read out this full article and find the key steps in choosing bookshelf speakers, from size and placement to wireless audio and matching with an amplifier.
What Are Bookshelf Speakers?
Bookshelf speakers are known as the rest on a shelf, table, or other elevated surfaces, and they’re specifically designed to maximize sound in small to medium-sized spaces. Just because they’re named “bookshelf speakers” doesn’t mean they have to go on a bookshelf.
Specifications of Bookshelf Speakers
Here are some factors you need to know when shopping for bookshelf speakers.
Hertz: The lower the number, the heavier the bass will.
Watts: This is relevant when it comes to matching your bookshelf speakers to an appropriate amplifier.
Drivers: Bookshelf speakers have two types of drivers, they are:
- Woofers: which generate bass.
- Tweeters: which produce high-frequency sounds.
How to choose the best bookshelf speakers?
Check out these key steps in choosing the best bookshelf speakers.
- Wired vs. Wireless: The first thing you have to keep in mind before choosing the bookshelf speaker is wired or wireless speakers. Wired speakers deal with a lot of cables but they tend to sound better.
- Sound Quality: Nowadays the standard of bookshelf speakers is exceptionally high. With their small size, bookshelf speakers have two drivers a tweeter for the high frequencies, and an “all-range” driver to handle the mids and the bass. This is the one area where bookshelf speakers when compared to other large floor standing speakers.
- Speaker Size: If you want to experiment with positioning for better sound then you may want to look at a larger bookshelf speaker. This is because small speakers may not be quite as loud, but their small size makes them a breeze to move around.
- Amplifier: Passive speakers are specifically connected to an amplifier, but if you want a pair of wireless speakers then skip this section. And for wired speakers, it is essential to have an amp, which helps to send the right amount of power to the speakers. It’s generally good to have an amplifier that matches your speaker.
Best Bookshelf Speakers
SVS Ultra Bookshelf Speaker
SVS Ultra Bookshelf Speaker has brilliant dynamics, clear highs, and amazing low frequencies. Also, it produces professional sounds in an easy-to-place in speaker. The clarity of these speakers creates a sense of transparency which results in vocals and melody always being smooth and natural. Inside the cabinet possesses of SVS Ultra Bookshelf Speaker it has separate enclosures of the mid-bass driver and tweeter to minimize interaction between the drive units.
ELAC Debut 2.0 B6.2 Bookshelf Speakers
ELAC Debut 2.0 B6.2 Bookshelf Speakers is another high-quality set of bookshelf speakers, but for a fraction of the price. Also, the front-firing port of ELAC Debut 2.0 B6.2 Bookshelf Speakers allows you more freedom when it comes to room placement. And the unique internal bracing system keeps the internal components in place and prevents excessive vibrations that may interfere with the overall sound performance.
Q Acoustics 3020 Bookshelf Speaker
If you’re limited in space then this speaker is an excellent choice. It stands at 10-inch length and can easily slip onto a shelf for great room-filling music. This one is specially designed for small to medium-sized rooms to get detailed and clear sound in. It has a unique 2-in-1 ring dome tweeter and a bass driver made from aramid fibre. matte graphite finish will give a sleek modern look to Q Acoustics 3020 Bookshelf Speaker.
Fluance Ai40 Powered Two-Way 5″ 2.0 Bookshelf Speakers
This speaker comes up with RCA/AUX cables that also include an enabled Bluetooth. It is designed with professional performing components that have an integrated class D amplifier that offers a robust, powerful sound. It is beautifully crafted with a wood cabinet that gives a retro look and stylish which delivers a clear and distortion-free sound.
Klipsch The Sixes Powered Monitor
It is a pair of high-quality bookshelf speakers that brings modern specifications into a vintage set of mid-sized speakers. And it is made out of the highest quality materials like a real walnut veneer, copper switches, and knobs. This speaker comes up with Bluetooth technology, digital optical, RCA, and USB inputs which helps you to enjoy high-quality stereo sound from an expertly crafted stereo system.
Fluance Signature Series HiFi Two-Way Bookshelf Surround SoundSpeakers
If you’re the one who values detail when it comes to their audio experience, then Fluance Signature Series speakers are exactly what you’ve been looking for. The mid-range drivers of Fluance Signature Series HiFi Two-Way Bookshelf Surround SoundSpeakers are made with light, yet rigid glass fibre that performs the highest volume levels.