Failing to take care of good headphones can cause their sound performance to deteriorate over time or lead to complete damage. The earphone is the one piece of mobile accessory that is sensitive. From wrapping it too tightly or carelessly throwing it inside a bag and pulled out when need be.
We all are familiar with this situation when our headphones are turned out to a ball of a tangled mess. And when you try to untangle, the more complex the knots get. So here in this article, you’ll find some simple tips that will help you pack them the right way. Let’s check out.
6 Ways To Keep Your Earphones Untangled And Last Longer
- Do the 8: Instead of rolling the earphone like a ball of knitting yarn try to wrap them around fingers and woven in a manner that they neither get tangled nor are damaged. To do this all you have to do is simply wrap the cord over your fingers. And then take the remaining length and wrap it horizontally and make the one end of the loop like a bow. To open this, hold the earplugs and voila and simply pull out the jack.
- Make them strong: This is one of the easiest hacks to save your earphones from getting tangled. For this hack, all you need is embroidery threads, a pair of scissors, and some patience. To make this hack all you have to do is start making knots using the thread over the entire cable length. You can even use multi-coloured threads but make sure you leave out the microphone.
- Binder Clip: This trick offers dual functionality, all you need is a medium-sized binder clip. Make sure to keep the speakers out and start wrapping the remaining length of the cable around the clip. And that’s it you’re done, to reduce the length of the cable by you can also use it by clipping it to your shirt or bag while listening to music or taking calls.
- Credit Card or Shopping Card: If you have an old credit card or shopping card then you could use it as a handy way of wrapping the earphones. You can also use cardboard for this method. Take the card and punch holes on both ends – two for the speakers and one for the headphone jack. Then weave out the speakers and start wrapping the cable around the card and pull out the jack from the other hole.
- Alternate wrapping: It is similar to the way huge cables or pipes are usually wrapped. All you have to do is simply wrap the cable around your fingers in alternate loops by lifting and placing it over the fingers with each loop in a different direction. And wrap the bundle of headphones and weave out the ends with the remaining length.
Tips To Take Good Care Of Your Headphones
Here are some simple tips that will help you to preserve your earphones and make them last longer.
- Clean your earbuds: To clean your earbuds the first thing to do is, remove the rubber earbuds and clean them out with a damp towel. After that take a toothpick dipped in water and use it to remove all the wax, dead skin cells, and dust from the inner areas of your earbud. Also, make sure to clean through the wires if it has accumulated dust.
- Keep your earphones in a case: After you are done using earphones store them in a protective case.
- Unplug: Unplug your earphones after use, because leaving your earbuds attached to your mobile or laptop can lead to unforeseen damage. So unplugging the earphone after use will protect the audio connector and the delicate area where the cord connects to the jack.
- Pull out the plug, not the cable: While removing the headphone from the audio source because pulling the cable will eventually damage it.
- Don’t carry the earbuds in your pocket: This can lead to hard tangles and they have a high chance of being damaged.
- Avoid sleeping with your headphones on.
- Don’t share your earbuds with other people.
Tangled headphones can make your day angrier. Follow the above-mentioned tips to loosen the wires that are tangled without any hassle. But make sure to not leave the headphones in your bag without storing them properly as they will end up getting tangled.