Floor-standing speakers are typically thought to be highly specialized. They’re also known as tower or floor speakers. Floor-standing speakers are the ideal option if you want the finest quality for listening to music, and they’ll also work well in a home theater setup.
Most people’s hearing range is 20Hz to 20kHz, and this speaker can manage all of that up to 30Hz. The speakers are designed to reproduce deep bass frequencies due to their physical size, but they also offer good clarity in the high and mid frequencies. They’re made to stand on the floor, hence the name, which aids in providing a robust bass response.
Is It Possible To Use Floor-Standing Speakers For Surround Sound?
The fact that each tower can house several drivers is the primary reason for the height of floor-standing speakers. With the perfect crossover between them, all of these loudspeakers can play precise frequencies.
- Fashionable Design- The best tower speakers, according to some, are very noticeable. The bulk of the competition has been either concealed between books or tucked away in a corner. Because they’re tiny, they’ll blend in with your surroundings, which some people like. People that are concerned about their home audio setup, on the other hand, want the system to be visible. Tower speakers offer a modern and elegant appearance that will complement any home theater setup.
- Make Additional Sound -Tower speakers come in a variety of designs to complement your home entertainment system. One or even more speakers are included in each tower in the most common form of the finest tower speakers. There may be a primary speaker and a few lesser speakers and tweeters in these multi-speaker towers. The additional speakers, particularly the bass, will provide depth to the music. When these are combined, they will offer a deep tone with a lot of richness.
- Versatility- Any surround sound speaker setup kit that you purchase includes the finest tower speakers. These speakers may be readily connected or hidden in corners and between books, whereas tower speakers are immediately visible because they are floor units. You don’t have to decrease sound quality just because you installed tower speakers in your setup. When you’re happy with your speaker system, you may easily add tower speakers. All you have to do now is attach your tower speaker cables to your receiver’s left and right speaker channels.
- Slim Lines- Some speakers are massive, making them difficult to set up or keep in a tidy state in your home enjoyment system. Tower speakers used to look like speakers you’d see at a meaningful offering a few years ago. They are now thin and tall rather than squat and broad. This means you can put them almost where in the theater, and they won’t take up much horizontal room.
- Sound of the highest quality- There is always space for development, regardless of the existing speaker system. At a low cost, tower speakers will make a significant difference. Tower speakers may serve as the home theater’s cornerstone and workhorse.
- Increase the sound’s depth- When purchasing free-standing surround speakers, you have various combinations and sizes to choose from. The sound quality will be exceptional if you get the whole set of free-standing speakers. When you purchase this set together, the sounds and tones produced by the numerous upright speakers will amaze you.
What is the mechanism behind this?
A speaker produces sound by vibrating the speaker cone using a single device called a driver. There are many drivers and cones to choose from. In essential words, a driver creates sound waves by rapidly moving the speaker’s cone back and forth.
Smaller speakers and headphones typically have just one, or occasionally two, extremely tiny cones. Because different cones are better suited to varying frequencies in the human hearing spectrum. This has an unfavorable effect on the range and quality of sound that this speaker can create. Because of their greater size, floor-standing speakers may have separate cones for each speaker, which current electronics allow to be networked together in a complex and detailed manner.
This artisan-level engineering and quality outcome is a sound system with specialized hardware for each portion of the frequency range that the human ear can understand. When it comes to natural and precise sound reproduction, nothing beats floor-standing speakers.
Assume you’re searching for a decent pair of speakers to use at home. Instead of smaller speakers or even a soundbar, you should consider purchasing free-standing speakers. The cost of the free-standing speakers will be higher since you must buy a set. The advantages of utilizing these kinds of speakers, on the other hand, may significantly exceed their price.
If you want to enjoy the benefits of utilizing a tower or free-standing speaker, you’ll need to spend some time researching the most acceptable option. Many speakers are available on the market, but not all of them have the same incredible sound and build quality, so browse carefully and weigh all of your choices.